[pmwiki-users] new host setup Qs

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 07:54:38 CST 2009

Hi, all:

I'm trying out a new host, and trying to get my uninformed head around
the various settings and options in the basic installation
environment.  I (think I) know that I need to check the "PHP support"
option, but should I then check the "(PHP 'safe_mode' on )"
sub-option? Is safe mode useful/valuable/important? I seem to recall
questions to the user-list that revolved around issues with it, but I
don't know what it is or whether I ought to *try* to use it.

Thanks!

Tegan