[pmwiki-users] Repost: Adjusting search results of the search query

Martin Kerz mkerz at mac.com
Mon Jan 19 13:25:59 CST 2009

As there has been so much enthusiams on the list lately, perhaps
someone can lend me a hand this time.

Here's what I've written a few weeks ago:

> I'm about to implement this LiveSearch function for a project: http://wiki.flux-cms.org/display/BLOG/LiveSearch
>
> Everything works fine so far, except that I need to adjust the format
> of the returned search results for the query according to the
> following:
>
> "Resulting output has to be a text/xml file (check http://blog.bitflux.ch/livesearch.php?q=PHP
>  as a reference) in the form of a parent <div class="LSRes"></div>,
> containing one more <div class="LSRow"></div> for each record: inside
> the latter put whatever code had to be displayed (typically a link)."

Basically I need the search query should give back the results in the
following form:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'  ?>
<ul class='LSRes'>
	<li class="LSRow">
			I like PmWiki</a>
	</li>
	<li class="LSRow">
			I love PmWiki</a>
	</li>
	<li class="LSRow">
			I adore PmWiki</a>
	</li>
</ul>

> Can anyone give me a hint if a) that is possible, and b) if it's
> possible where I should start reading?!
>
> I would love to implement it the way that another argument is given to
> the standard pmwiki search query, which changes the returned results
> to the needed format perhaps something like "&output=livesearch".

If you have any clue for me, please let me know. I swear to feed back
in form of a cookbook recipe. If you need any further info, please let
me know.

Thanks a lot

Martin