[pmwiki-users] User rating of cookbook recipes

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jan 20 08:46:09 CST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 10:36:54AM +0000, Hans wrote:
> I like to propose that users will be offered an opportunity to rate a
> recipe, using a 5 star rating system, as used on many sites.
> Cookbook pages will generally have a rating markup in place, showing
> the current rating as star images, and a form to cast a vote.
> I propose the use http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/StarRater

Two items:

(1)  I'd like to see parts of the existing StarRater cookbook
redesigned before it's in widespread use on pmwiki.org .

(2)  In the past, discussions of adding a rating system to
the Cookbook have often promoted lots of (passionate) discussion
about how a single rating value isn't useful.  I personally disagree
with this, but until I feel as though there's some consensus on that
issue, I'd prefer not to do anything.