[pmwiki-users] User rating of cookbook recipes

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jan 20 15:44:34 CST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 09:35:32PM +0100, Oliver Betz wrote:
> > I agree that it would greatly help to make AutUser easier to
> > understand, and we need to do that.  But so far most of the
> > descriptions I've seen about "the right way to set up AuthUser"
> > end up being wrong for about 50% of the people looking to use it.
>
> IMO it's _essential_ that users can change their password without
> administrator intervention. HtpasswdForm is an indispensable addition
> to AuthUser.

I agree that we need a way to update passwords without
administrator intervention.  There has been some discussion
as to whether passwords belong in individual Profile or
"user preferences" pages, or if they belong in a global
file such as SiteAdmin.AuthUser .  Even after thinking
about it for many years, I'm not sure I know the answer to
that one yet.