[pmwiki-users] Blogger Update and Request for Brainstorming

Michael Shanley mike at upisup.com
Tue Jan 20 21:53:05 CST 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 7:50 PM, DaveG <pmwiki at solidgone.com> wrote:

> Alternate [a]: It seems to me that storing the content as a normal
> standalone page, with a linked 'data' page is a better approach. The
> link could be soft (naming or group convention), or with a physical
> link. The problem is that I can't get this to work with PmForms. For
> instance, trying to make the content appear as a field by encapsulating
> it in (:..:..:) from pageHeaders/footers, and then using a form, doesn't
> work. It seems like content in headers/footers is not recognized by
> PmForms.
>
> Other thoughts using PmWiki core code welcomed.

I don't know if there's a reason you're using PmForms for page data, as I
wasn't able to login to your demo site -- which looks great, btw -- but you
might be interested in my EditMore recipe, which adds fields to the editform
instead. The code is due for a re-polish, though right now it supports
fields for page Title, Description, Keywords, Tags (automatically turns
cakes into [[!Cakes]] but main.beans into [[Main.Beans]] -- and provides
markup to insert your tag list wherever you want), and Notes (a hidden
catch-all field which I use for pagelist fmts, PTV declarations, etc). It
could easily be modified to allow for customizable fields. My favorite part
is that it stores all of the info in the page text, which means that even if
the recipe is disabled, you can still access and edit the data. You can even
require authors to fill in certain fields.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EditMore

Mike