[pmwiki-users] Self registration

Sameer Kumar sameerkumar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 13:09:37 CST 2009

> My suggestion is a profile page that the user can edit freely, and make
>  typos, and not quite understand the markup (we all know users like
> that), and a separate page that the user can access only through a form
> that deals with authentication, etc. That protected page could be one
> per user, or one big one.

I agree with Sandy's suggestion about keeping the profile
pages separate from auth information, which requires a greater control.

I think that Pmwiki should come with an entire "authentication
module/package" (AuthUser + htpasswd Form + etc.) which would be disabled by
default. When enabled, it must allow for self-authentication, with an
optional "email moderator and wait", as suggested by Sandy. It would be
great to have a Userid, passwd and an email address associated with each
user account so that if required, it would be possible to use "authgroups"
to manage email notifications. This, in my opinion, would be an ideal setup.

Sameer