[pmwiki-users] line break keeping page store (implemented as cookbook)

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 05:34:15 CST 2009

2009/1/20 Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com>:
> On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 04:25:40PM +0100, Oliver Betz wrote:
>> Therefore I suggest an additional/alternative PageStore format where
>> line breaks in the page text are kept unencoded.
>
> This can be most usefully done (or prototyped) as a recipe.
> There's no reason it has to go into the core, nor should it
> need core support.

Done. See <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PageTopStore> for the details.

The idea is to add to PageStore a new directory in which a second copy
of the page is kept in a different format. This allows for painless
migration between the two. The recipe also includes automagic handling
of updates and such, meaning that if you manually edit a file, your
changes get properly logged and timestamped by PmWiki.

The file format has the page meta information (creation time, last
editor, etc.) in a header using the same format as PageStore. These
are followed by a blank line, then the current page contents, exactly
as they're seen within PmWiki. The previous versions of tha page are
not included, these are only kept in the PageStore-format file.

Still to be done is plugging in an external app to handle page
searches using this new format and other such niceties.

eemeli