[pmwiki-users] Pre-announcing 2.2.0 non-beta release

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Jan 22 10:07:00 CST 2009

On Thursday 22 January 2009 15:38:46 Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Indeed, if we go with the idea of "endorsements" [1],

I like a lot the idea of the "endorsements" : a person needs to feel competent
enough to evaluate the quality and the security of the recipe. Endorsment
comes with responsibility too.

We don't need simple quantity counters, we need quality evaluations from
competent users.

> then
> attaching a link to profile page along with a date is
> as simple as:
>
>     ~~~~
>
> This is just the "signature" markup -- it adds a link to the author's
> profile page and the current date and time.

Many pages include comments signed by users. These may be just questions and
not endorsements. We could do this the other way:
* endorsing users place links in their profile page,
* the recipe page lists profile pages linking to it
   (:pagelist group=Profiles link={*$FullName}:)

> We can also come up with a customized page variable that counts
> the number of endorsements on the page for various sorting and
> searching criteria.
   (:pagelist group=Profiles link={*$FullName} fmt=count:)

Petko