[pmwiki-users] Self registration

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jan 22 15:05:22 CST 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 12:21:52PM -0500, Sameer Kumar wrote:
>     I've never used htpasswd. That's part of the Apache, isn't it?
>

> Sandy, "htpasswd Form" is a cookbook recipe for pmwiki:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/HtpasswdForm
>
> I use it and really like it... I would "endorse" it :-)

...and this shows part of what I've mentioned in other
threads -- admins in one group (using Sandy here as an example)
can be easily misled by the discussions of features or
configurations being used by admins in another group.

It's hard to even recognize that you're in separate groups.  :-)

(And don't get me started on the fact that two admins might
be in different groups as far as user authentication goes, but
in a similar group as far as upload organization or comment
recipes or ...)