[pmwiki-users] Pre-announcing 2.2.0 non-beta release

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Fri Jan 23 06:23:34 CST 2009

"Patrick R. Michaud" wrote:

[...]

>> >Maybe we could have Cookbook.Recipe-Endorsements, much like
>> >some recipes have -Talk pages.
>>
>> ack, this separates documentation and rating.

>> >Computing the number of endorsements in this way becomes
>> >_very_ expensive on the server if we're wanting to do it for
>> >a number of recipes.  Using links to profile pages means that
>>
>> Couldn't the count be cached in a page text variable on each
>> modification?
>
>Since it'd be the profile pages that are modified, and not
>the cookbook pages, that really wouldn't work.  We'd have to

Likely i got this wrong. I though that endorsements are on
Cookbook.Recipe-Endorsements, and a special treatment in Cookbook.*
would count the endorsements and put the result in a page text
variable at every edit, so it's easily accessible to pagelists.

Well, this way the endorsements wouldn't be protected from
unauthorized access.

Maybe the caching in a page text variable of the
Cookbook.Recipe-Endorsements page is also possible if endorsements are
in the profile pages.

Oliver