[pmwiki-users] How can I make an uploaded file expire?

Neil Herber (nospam) nospam at eton.ca
Fri Jan 23 08:50:35 CST 2009

On 2009-01-23 9:23 AM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 01:21:51AM -0500, Neil Herber (nospam) wrote:
>> If I protected the group where the download lived and had an
>> authorization group (@limited) controlling access to the pages, could I
>> make the "@limited" authorization group *automatically* disappear after
>> a certain date?
>
> Do you want the authorization group itself to disappear, or
> do you simply want it to disappear from the page's/group's
> set of authorizations?

Excellent question! I think it would be workable either way, so the
easiest to implement might be the way to go.

The behaviour I want is:
- a "downloads" group with a home page showing attached files
- restrict access to "downloads" via authorization groups
- have an authorization expire, so members can't get to "downloads"

Thinking out loud here, it would be better if the authorization group
disappeared. That way I could have, for example, one group with a one
week limit and another group with a four week limit. Or ...

Does the AuthUser page honour conditionals?
(:if date 2009-01-01..2009-01-07:)carol: @downloads (:ifend:)
(:if date 2009-01-01..2009-01-30:)bob: @downloads (:ifend:)

--
Neil Herber