[pmwiki-users] Pre-announcing 2.2.0 non-beta release

Christian Ridderström christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 10:59:35 CST 2009

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>>> I'd like to cast my vote for the endorsement camp. In his
>>> counter-argument John managed to point out almost all the points I'd
>>> make for this, but I'd like to add two more:
>>
>> I agree to some extent.
>> But I find "endorsing" a recipe is implying a strong personal
>> commitment. "To endorse" carries meaning of legal endorsement.
>> I prefer just to "recommend" a recipe. I prefer "recommend" over
>> "endorse".
>
> I like "recommend" -- that would work for me.

Wikipedia says:

 	1. to support, to back, to give one's approval to, especially
 	   officially or by signature
 	2. To write one's signature on the back of a cheque when
 	   transferring it to a third party, or cashing it
 	3. To give or receive an endorsement

 	http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/endorse

I think meaning #1 fits with what we like. It's like New York Times
endorsing one of the presidential candidates.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-768 39 44            http://www.md.kth.se/~chr