[pmwiki-users] problem with downloading updated recipe zip file

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jan 23 17:06:22 CST 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:13:40PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> I updated foxforum.zip and uploaded it to pmwiki.org.
> Now whenever I download it, I get an old version.
> why don't I get the new version?
> If it is my browser's cacheed file version, how do i force the
> browser (Firefox) to download from the server?
> It is usually Ctrl-F5 for  apage forced refresh, but how do it for a zip
> file?
> Or can it be an old version in  a server cache?

It could be cached a number of places -- I once had an ISP
that would cache pages (and ignore the 'no-cache' option
in requests), which made things very hard to troubleshoot.

That said, I usually use Shift+Reload in my browser (Firefox 3)
to force a re-fetch from the server.

Also, I've checked the file timestamps at pmwiki.org, and it
appears that the correct file is in the uploads directory
and is available for downloading.  You can check
at http://pmwiki.org/pmwiki/uploads/Cookbook/ .