[pmwiki-users] ReviewMe tags on pmwiki.org

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Jan 29 05:33:25 CST 2009

On Thursday 29 January 2009 11:43:49 Hans wrote:
> So is the ReviewMe tag a reminder for yourself,

Yes. It is a reminder that I need to review the recipe before enabling it on
pmwiki.org.

It means that I saw that the author asks me to enable the recipe (and by that,
to endorse it as being safe etc.), and that it may take a while before I
finish that.

A detailed quality and security review is time- and effort- consuming, and
even more consuming if I need to ask the user to repair his recipes, to
explain why and how, then to review the new versions and to start again.

I don't have unlimited amount of time so I strongly suggest (once again) that
recipe authors set demos of their recipes on their own wikis and link to the
demos in the recipe pages. Especially if the recipes write to wiki pages or
to disk files.

I do it for my own recipes, and I don't have plans to enable them on
pmwiki.org.

Thanks,
Petko