[pmwiki-users] Twitter scripts

Steven Benmosh wordz2u at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 09:45:17 CDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if any of the programming gurus might want to partner with
me in developing some recipes or scripts to integrate pmwike and twitter.

Specifically, I have 3 scripts in mine:

1. A script that would take any new page and post it to the site owner's
twitter account with a custom message (something like 'A new page added to
my site, http://www.mysite.com/newpage'), of course making sure the URL plus
message is not over 140 character lone.

2. A similar script that put a button on new pages and let the users publish
the page on their own twitter accounts (they would have to put their user
name and password as part of the process, the message can be something like
'check out this page plus the URL), again with a check of the number of
characters.

3. This one is specific to my web site - I want new users to be able to
create a new page using a form which will let them fill in data in selected
field, create the page for them using these fields, and publish it to their
twitter accounts if they choose to do so AND provide their user name and
password.

Script 1 can be a configuration setting and work in the background.

Script 2 should be part of a pmwiki page, i.e. it has to be included in
pages.

Script 3 should probably be a separate 1-2 pages (one for the form and one
for processing the input?) written in php and maybe separate from pmwiki
pages (there may be a way to include such a script in pmwiki, I don't know
enough about the entrails of the program).

I am able and willing to contribute to the script specifications, document
it, credit it to the person writing it on the site (if he/she so desired),
and test it on my web site, but my programming skills are not sufficient to
create these scripts in a reasonable time and quality, so I need your help.

Please let me know through the web site or my email if you are interested in
working together on either of these scripts, and in particular the last one,
#3.

Thanks,

w2u

--