[pmwiki-users] Fixing the documentation

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jul 13 15:44:09 CDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 03:34:37PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> First, I should note that I'm reluctant to declare that it should
> be all one thing or another -- the English language simply isn't
> so clear cut.  If you're talking about the title of the page, then
> it's probably "Page Directives", because American English
> capitalizes all words except for articles, prepositions, and
> conjunctions.  If you're talking about using the phrase "page directives"
> in a sentence or within a page, then its capitalization rules depend
> on the usage in the sentence:

I should add that over time I've become increasingly fond of the
approach of using sentence case for titles -- capitalizing only
the beginning of the title and proper nouns within the title.
That would make the page title "Page directives".  But I still
hold very strongly to the idea that an author should be able to
write [[page directive(s)]] and have the link go to the correct
place.