[pmwiki-users] Fox forms and newlines

Randy Brown randy at brownragfilms.com
Mon Jun 1 21:48:24 CDT 2009

I want the user to type in a form without worrying about markup. OTOH,
I want what's saved on the page to be a Page Text Variable.

For example, the user types into the textarea associated with the page
text variable MyPTV:

Line 1
Line 2

And the form saves on the page:

MyPTV: Line1\\Line2

I can do that now with a filter. But since the form starts with the
value of MyPTV as the default, the next time the user uses the form,
he or she will see:

MyPTV: Line1\\Line2

which will be confusing since it includes markup. I want the user to
see two separate lines without markup.

Randy