[pmwiki-users] FoxEdit & Category

adam overton a at plus1plus1plus.org
Tue Jun 16 03:03:39 CDT 2009

hi hans
i'm not sure i understand your reply.
all of my pagelist stuff with Category.GroupFooter is set up fine,
works fine - if i save using the normal method of editing and saving
a page, and happen to be posting a [[!keyword]].
however, i have a foxedit link on a page (let's say MyGroup.MyPage)
which edits a PTV (i have several on the page, basically allowing me
to edit different sections separately), and when i click it and edit
the PTV using the foxedit link and add a [[!keyword]], and then save,
i'm led back to MyGroup.MyPage, and my [[!keyword]] is surely there
on the page, with the appropriate link (to Category.Keyword) - but,
when i go to Category.Keyword, it does not list MyGroup.MyPage.

however, if i go back to MyGroup.MyPage?action=edit, and then click
save without doing any editing (with the [[!keyword]] markup still in
there), Category.Keyword does in fact now list MyGroup.MyPage in its
pagelist output.
the pagelist there is not the problem.

rather, the problem i seem to have located is this - when looking in
the individual files on the server that pmwiki generates, the field
called target= is left empty when using foxedit link.
however, if i edit and save the normal way, then i get
target=Category.Keyword, and i am most certain that .pageindex is
probably updated as well. i believe these are both activities of
SaveAttributes. i think this is why the pagelist is not showing. i
assume it's either looking in pageindex or in the target= field of
each page, and the keyword is getting recorded one way, but not the
fox way.

can you confirm whether this is an issue with Fox? or is it my own
setup?

thanks for the help,
adam