[pmwiki-users] CleanURLs problem in apache 2.2

Chris Cox ccox at endlessnow.com
Thu Jun 18 18:03:13 CDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 23:24 +0200, Julius Thijssen wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 22:35, Chris Cox <ccox at endlessnow.com> wrote:
>
> > RewriteEngine On
>
> > RewriteRule ^[/]*$ /pmwiki/pmwiki.php [QSA,L]
> > RewriteRule ^([^/a-z~].*)$ /pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=$1 [QSA,L]
>
> Index did go to the pmwiki.php, that's a first.
> Skin- and other paths are broken with that.

We use skins here... didn't break anything.  Can you provide more detail
as to what would break? See my other note below...

> Also, same thing as before; All deeper pmwiki links result in a 404.
>
> > I'm probably leaving out something important...
>
> You didn't mention how your paths were set up.
> Where on your server was pmwiki located?

Ok... here we go...
$EndScriptUrl = '://labs.mycompany.com';
$EndPubDirUrl= '://labs.mycompany.com/pmwiki/pub';

$ScriptUrl = $UrlScheme.$EndScriptUrl;
$PubDirUrl = $UrlScheme.$EndPubDirUrl;

There's some more complicated code that takes care of doing the right
sorts of things to do https when needed and back, etc.  It gets REALLY
complicated... so ... not shown here.

(maybe PubDirUrl is what was missing with regards to
your skins?)

UrlScheme has to do with http vs https.  It will be
one or the other.

My pmwiki is physically located at:
/srv/www/htdocs/pmwiki

The DocumentRoot for apache is /srv/www/htdocs.

> What is in your config.php for $ScriptUrl ?

See above.

> Did you use a .htaccess file or apache config?

.htaccess file sitting is /srv/www/htdocs
(apache configed to allow the overrides)

I hope that helps a bit more. (?? sorry I know
this gets messy, every platform is SO different with
their defaults, etc.)