[pmwiki-users] Sitemapper; how to determine backlinks from PHP?

Adrianna Pinska adrianna.pinska at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 07:31:34 CDT 2009

Hello,

I would like to tweak the Sitemapper recipe so that when a new page is
saved Sitemapper attempts to place it in a more sensible default place
in the sitemap than under the top-level group page.

Since I think most of my users create new pages by linking to them,
and the most logical place for the page to go in the sitemap is
underneath that linking page, I think it would work quite well if
Sitemapper retrieved a list of backlinks for the new page and picked
the first one (there should only be one at this point) to be the
sitemap parent (it could fall back to the top-level group page if
there is no backlink, perhaps because the page was created in another
way).

Is it feasible / possible to do this?  The only information I have
been able to find on backlinks describes how to display backlinks on
the wiki (with pagelists, etc.).  Is there a function I can use to
obtain the list of backlinks for the current page, inside a recipe?

Regards,
Adrianna
--
~ Registered Linux User #334504 ~
"If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face."