[pmwiki-users] Proposal: a default bundle for PmWiki

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Tue Jun 30 05:58:38 CDT 2009

Eemeli Aro wrote:

[...]

>>>wants those features and needs to find them before installing them. I
>>>believe a community-nominated bundle of pre-configured recipes would
>>>help significantly in PmWiki adoption.
>>
>> maybe some of the mentioned recipes are even "core candidates".
>
>Ah, but the trick here is that if we do have a "default bundle", we
>might be able to even move stuff from the core to this bundle. From
>just a quick look, the ones I'd consider include at least creole.php,
>vardoc.php, and wikiwords.php.

I appreciate vardoc working also in my local documentation. BTW: I
don't see where $EnableVarMarkup is set, IOW why vardoc.php is
included at all. Strange...

And although wikiwords are seldom used, I wouldn't remove the file
from the standard distribution.

But I think that PmWiki should have some features from attachtable in
the core, e.g. the "RefCount" feature, delete and rename.

>> Format conversion, import/export: ConvertHTML is promising. What I'm
>> still missing, is a simple _and_ powerful way to import tables with
>> formatting (justification).
>
>My own take on this is <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Tabulate>.
>It won't maintain the alignment markup from a spreadsheet, but it'll

That's not easy since a "paste" in the browser edit field yields the
plain text, not the rich text variant. You need some help by client
software.

>at least let you define that formatting for each row and column of a
>tab-delimited table that you can copy back and forth between PmWiki
>and eg. Excel.

That's a big advantage of Tabulate. I suggest to emphasize this on the
recipe page (you likely will find the better wording).

Oliver