[pmwiki-users] write ptv to profiles page is a user logout

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Thu Mar 5 07:46:13 CST 2009

I don't have a ready-made recipe for this, but I've got a function in
Cookbook/Toolbox called writeptv() that takes care of the gory details and
would let you write a fairly simple recipe...

The difficulty I think you're going to have is that lots of users use a wiki
without logging in until they need access to protected pages and then most
that do log in probably just close their browser when they are done rather
than actually logging out.  But those are functional specs -- presumably
you've got that side of things already figured out...

In theory these lines in your config.php would suffice:

if ($action == 'logout') {
   include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/toolbox.php");
   writeptv($pagename, MakePageName($Author), 'last_logout', time());
}

That is absolutely off-the-cuff so probably has syntax errors and etc
besides any logic errors -- just trying to illustrate...

-Peter