[pmwiki-users] presence online

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sat Mar 7 11:31:15 CST 2009

I put together an experimental recipe called "Who's Where" (
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WhosWhere) which has similar capability
to PresenceAwarenessLight (but works fine with authuser) or PM's unreleased
Test/Present.  Basically it gives a markup which produces a table with
username, page, current action, and how long ago they loaded that
page/action.

It's using SQLite and PDO which I believe are pretty standard in PHP5 so
installation/configuration should be pretty straightforward.

I'm interested in feedback, etc. regarding the presentation of the
information, potential security concerns from showing what all users are
doing, performance/resource considerations that come with using a database
as opposed to flat files, etc.

-Peter