[pmwiki-users] page -name -title array?

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 15:29:43 CDT 2009

2009/3/9 Roman <romat2 at gmail.com>:

> On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 17:05, Eemeli Aro <eemeli at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> There's been recently some discussion on getting rid of the special
>> markup for the page title, description and keywords
>> <http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2009-February/054061.html>
>> -- does anyone else except for Simon and I think this might be a good
>> idea?
>
> Yes, it is a good idea, but it should go together with the ability to enter
> values in separate fields of EditForm - ie. what EditTitle recipe
> (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EditTitle) does for (:title:) markup
> and EditMore recipe (http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EditMore) tries to
> do for other metadata markup (but second recipe did not work reliably for
> me, so I stick with EditTitle).

Have you looked at EditAttributes?
<http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EditAttributes>

It does exactly this, ie. lets you define and edit metadata fields
(eg. title, description, keywords) to use on Site.EditForm. It doesn't
yet handle page text variables but that's a relatively small addition,
if desired.

Actually, one reason I wrote EditAttributes was to let me keep and
edit this metadata directly as page attributes instead of the kludge
they are now (stored both as attributes and directives in page text).
In a way this runs counter to the idea of keeping these as page text
variables, but at least the changes I proposed in
<http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2009-February/054102.html>
should still let something like EditAttributes work.

eemeli