[pmwiki-users] Removing or changing styles in PmWiki

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Sat Mar 21 09:50:09 CDT 2009

Sergio Lopes wrote:
> I found no information in PmWiki site, and I tried to place a
> local.css file under pub/css, a local.css under my skin's folder, and
> redefining the styles in the css file my template is using, neither
> worked and the styles defined in the head section still prevail above
> my own styles.
This page should answer your questions Cookbook/SkinGuidelines. In
particular you want the your css file to use the name used in either the
.tmpl file (with "<link rel='stylesheet'...."), or the name used in
"$HTMLHeaderFmt['skin'] =....". If you've copied the PmWiki skin to use
as a starting point, your css file would be called pmwiki.css.

> What is the proper way to either remove the styles PmWiki adds, or
> redefining them, so that they are not used?
Refer to the section "Replacing default CSS entirely" in the
Cookbook/SkinGuidelines page.

> $HTTPHeaders = array(
>   "Expires: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 00:00:00 GMT",
>   "Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate",
>
> Are these the header sent to the browsers? And if so, is there a way
> to change this as I don't use ISO-8859-1 but UTF-8 in all my pages.
I imagine you could set HTTPHeaders yourself, or, simply include a
definition in the .tmpl file. Something like:

You could also use $HTMLHeaderFmt, PmWiki/LayoutVariables#HTMLHeaderFmt.