[pmwiki-users] pagelist extension - experimental

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Mar 21 10:57:53 CDT 2009

On Saturday 21 March 2009 15:51:53 noskule wrote:
> There's a Cookbook:SQLite where one feature is the indexing of ptv's. So
> if all the ptv's where indexed, search queries like the one above
> would't be a problem.

The SQLite pagestore class is "able" to index page text variables (PTVs) and
links, the database structure is prepared for this, but currently it does not
do it. A local customization (a recipe, a new function) could be hooked to
the recipe and do it. (Both the indexing and the query code should be added.)

Note that PTVs can be indexed only when pages are saved in the database. Pages
not yet in the database cannot be found. If an administrator changes the PTV
patterns, like add (::Var:value::) or (:Var=value:), each page will be
updated to index its new PTVs when it is saved. All this may may cause some
pages to not be found until they are edited and saved.

Even if I've used this recipe on all my wikis since 2006, I haven't done the
PTV indexing yet because I didn't need it. And I feel there is not many
admins interested in and using this recipe.

Thanks,
Petko