[pmwiki-users] Use WikiTrails for a news page

Jo Vermeulen jo.vermeulen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 14:41:41 CDT 2009

Hi,
I was looking into the WikiTrails feature to show a list of news items, but
I don't seem to get it to work like I want it to.

I created a "News" page, with a bulleted list of news items. These items are
links to pages together with a description, e.g. "# [[Recipes.ApplePie | New
recipe for apple pie]] has been added.". I include it on the homepage
with "(:pagelist
trail={Main.News} count=3..1:)". The problem is that it only shows a link to
Recipes / ApplePie, no description and no bulleted list.

I would like to include this list of the homepage, so I can easily create
news items, order them in reverse order, limit the list to three items,
etc. But maybe I should just include this News page? The problem is then
that I can't control the number of items shown anymore.

There is probably some way to accomplish what I want with PmWiki, I just
haven't found it yet :-)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

-- Jo