[pmwiki-users] Custom views and pagelists not promptly updated

Olaf Marzocchi 550242083288-0001 at t-online.de
Sat May 2 04:13:10 CDT 2009

Hi,
I have a wiki that I use to publish some short articles, some of them in
different languages.
In the past I always used the multilanguage recipe, but I found
difficult to create pagelists with the title/description in the current
language (I always got them all), so I was suggested here to use the
Views recipe.
Now I have a different view per language and I use the following at the
head of the articles:

(:title {$:title{$View}} :)
(:description {$:description{$View}} :)
(:keyword {$:keyword{$View}} :)

(:titleit: TITOLO ITALIANO :)
(:keywordit: PAROLE CHIAVE ITALIANE :)
(:descriptionit: DESCRIZIONE ITALIANA :)

(:titleen: ENGLISH TITLE :)
(:keyword-en: ENGLISH KEYWORDS :)
(:description-en: ENGLISH DESCRIPTION :)

The pages are rendered correctly, also the title in the header is
correct.
I have only one problem: pagelists seem to use always the same version
of the meta-fields (of the description in my case): if I save an article
while in italian view, I will get the italian description, also when I
load the pagelist while being in the english view.
I thought it should have been different...

How can I solve this problem? at the time being I found, as only way, to
use in the pagelist template the variables specific to the different
languages, for example:

[[#titlesummaryIT]]
[[{=$FullName} | {=$titleit}]]
-> {=$descriptionit} ({=$LastModified})

[[#titlesummaryITend]]

[[#titlesummaryEN]]
[[{=$FullName} | {=$titleen}]]
-> {=$descriptionen} ({=$LastModified})

[[#titlesummaryENend]]

So, one specific format per language.
Is it the only way? Any suggestion about handling multiple languages
efficiently is welcome.

Thank you very much
Olaf Marzocchi