[pmwiki-users] Custom views and pagelists not promptly updated

Olaf Marzocchi 550242083288-0001 at t-online.de
Mon May 4 15:36:46 CDT 2009

In article
<784f80490905021412k3144716byea04fc6a00720fdd at mail.gmail.com>,
 Peter Bowers <pbowers at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 7:42 PM, Olaf Marzocchi
> <550242083288-0001 at t-online.de> wrote:
> > Thanks, it works! But now let's speculate... is your solution faster,
> > and/or stylistically better than the
> >
> > [[#titlesummaryen]]
> > (:template each:)
> > [[{=$FullName} | {=$:titleen}]]
> > -> {=$:descriptionen} ({=$LastModified})
> >
> > I had found previously working?
> > I would say it is perfectly equivalent, since both should find
> > everything in the pageindex cache.
> > Am I correct?
>
> Yep, from a purely functional standpoint yours is probably faster.
> >From an elegance perspective it's good to avoid duplicate code (for
> lots of good reasons) and that's what I was aiming for.  But in this
> case it's probably 6 of 1 and half-dozen of the other.

Anyway, I'm happy with the current solution, no more manual editing of
the index pages...
I will have now to find a way to hide the empty entries generated by the
pages read-protected by a password: should I use something like an "if"
in the localtemplate or is there a command to automatically exclude such
pages (meant to be invisible or almost invisible) from the pagelists?
the website shows a "passwd=" command, but I need the opposite of it.

Bye,
Olaf