[pmwiki-users] totalcounter recipe

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Tue May 12 03:22:23 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 8:52 AM, Daniel Otis <dso at moosoft.com> wrote:

> I would like to change the output of {$TotalCount} from 1889312 to
> 1,889,312 using number_format($var) but I can't see where to change it
> in the source.  Any help appreciated!
>
> link to the recipe: http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TotalCounter

Rather than changing the source itself I would suggest 1 of 2 alternatives:

(1) Define your own {(number_format ...)} markup expression and then use
{(number_format {$TotalCount} format)}
(2) Redefine the markup of {$TotalCount} either before or after
totalcounter.php is included (I forget if early wins or late wins when a
markup is re-defined.  You can see the original markup on line 472 (at least
in my version).

-Peter