[pmwiki-users] pmwiki and Active Directory

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sun May 17 23:24:01 CDT 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 9:21 PM, Tom <tom.aurlund at intech.no> wrote:

> Tom skrev:
>
>> Peter Bowers skrev:
>>
> Short comment:
>
> The error situation has been fixed, but I have another one (which is the
> REAL problem in this case):
>
> 1) The user has got his access set to "read":
>   $idinfo[3] = 'read'
>   $idinfo[1] = user ident
>
>   $DefaultPasswords[$idinfo[3]] = "id:" . $idinfo[1];
>   (which should be "translated" to: $DefaultPasswords['read'] = 'id:<user
> ident>).
>
> 2) But I am still able to both change pages and store pages when logged in
> as this user (ident).
>
> How come ?

Have you explicitly set $DefaultPasswords['edit'] to something else?  If no
edit password has been set then that tells pmwiki to allow edits without
authorization.  Since you have a read password it would "cascade" to the
edit password, but your person is already authenticated and so it doesn't
limit anything.

$DefaultPasswords[$idinfo[3]] = "id:" . $idinfo[1];
if ($idinfo[3] != 'edit' && $idinfo[3] != 'admin')
   $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('something-unlikely-to-be-discovered');

That may do what you want.

-Peter