[pmwiki-users] New Skin - YAML

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Wed May 20 05:24:33 CDT 2009

Hi

I have uploaded the basis of a new (pure CSS) skin based on the YAML CSS
framework from http://www.yaml.de

Essentially YAML is a bunch of debugged CSS with some suggested
templated HTML, decent reset style sheet and some initial content
styles, but essentially after that you just customise away

I setup a default template with three columns and some php functions to
insert CSS styles to hide/show the side columns (ie it's a css style
which shows and hides everything so you could easily javascript it,
etc).  I also used Triad as inspiration for making all the major
sections be customisable by adding in named wiki pages (Site.SideBar, etc)

It's pretty rough as uploaded and I have continued to develop it on my
own site here:

    http://weather.mailasail.com

I will try and roll those changes back into the skin on the site at some
point, but suggestions welcome?

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Yaml132Skin

Note, this is more a starting point for people to customise than a
completely ready to go skin at this stage... However, the point is that
it probably offers much more scope for easy customisation than many
other skins

Ed W