[pmwiki-users] Preview doesn't resolve page text variables

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue May 26 13:53:24 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 09:37:47AM -0500, Randy Brown wrote:
> Preview doesn't resolve page text variable values, and as a result it shows an
> inaccurate view of how the page will appear. Is this a bug?

One could call it a bug, but it's not likely to be fixed.  The
values for page text variables are always taken from the *saved*
version of a page (and a previewed version of a page isn't saved yet).

I'm willing to entertain patches that make it possible to view page
text variables when a page is being previewed, but the fact that
it doesn't work now isn't exactly a bug in my book.