[pmwiki-users] Reinstall

Rogutės Sparnuotos rogutes at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 3 07:18:13 CDT 2009

paul badger (2009-10-02 09:40):
> If I reinstall pmwiki - can I just copy files to the  wiki.d folder?
>
> Or is this a bad idea, because lots of other files need to be changed?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> paulb

The issues you have reported in your other mails sound familiar... If
the new server you mentioned uses PHP 5.3.0, reinstalling PmWiki won't
help (though upgrading shouldn't hurt, if you're using some older
version).

For now, you could put this at the beginning of your config.php:
# temprorary workaround for PHP 5.3 login issues
# pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/01141
session_start();

Anyway, the best would be to downgrade to an older PHP version until the
developers of PmWiki investigate the issues with PHP 5.3.

--
--  Rogutės Sparnuotos