[pmwiki-users] How to protect usernames?

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Sat Oct 3 16:27:35 CDT 2009

On 10/3/2009 4:43 PM, Kollektivmail . wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I recently started to build a wiki with no prior experience of php or
> css, but with help from the cookbook and other documentation it's not
> that hard..
> But there is one problem I haven't been able to solve:
>
> I would like to have support for users to password-protect a username of
> their choice.
If you want users to have to login with a password, then check out
Cookbook/AuthUser. However, it's not quite clear what you want -- if you
want to record who changes what, then AuthUser is a good start.

> But I also want all visitors to be able to view and edit
> all pages without having to set a password.
You can do this with AuthUser -- basically a totally open wiki.

> It is to prevent trolls to write weirdness under another users name.
Then also check out the section "Setting the Author Name" on the
AuthUser page.

  ~ ~ Dave