[pmwiki-users] upload for download

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Oct 12 09:30:44 CDT 2009

On Monday 12 October 2009 14:40:30 Xueli Wang wrote:
> I want to upload a software package which is packed as a tar file. It
> seems it's not allowed to upload a file with extention of "tar".
> I also don't know once it's uploaded whether other people can download it.
> Who has experience  with this?

Hello. The default PmWiki installation doesn't accept *.tar archives, but you
can use either *.tgz or *.tar.gz format. (Normally, you can just do in a
terminal `gzip yourfile.tar` to compact it.)

However, some users may be unable to open such archives without installing
additional software. It may be better to use the *.zip format which is
supported almost everywhere.

Thanks,
Petko