[pmwiki-users] Page names with punctuation in included list

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Oct 16 08:47:55 CDT 2009

On Friday 16 October 2009 02:48:20 Elizabeth Castro wrote:
> The strange thing is that the links work correctly on the main page,
> but if the link has special symbols (a comma, a quotation mark, etc.)
> then when I include it on the other page, it is converted from Main/
> Pagename to Site/Pagename, and obviously, breaks.

For the links to be relative to the physical page where they are written, and
not to the page which includes them, place in your file
pmwiki/local/config.php the following line:
  $EnableRelativePageVars = 1;

> 1. Is there any way to avoid this from happening besides omitting all
> special characters from the page names?

No, generally in pagenames you can only have letters, numbers and the -dash.
But you could change the title of the pages.

We call the page Rimfire. In the page we add:
  (:title Signed Book, "Rimfire":)

A link in the listings:
  [[Rimfire | Signed Book, "Rimfire"]] or
  [[Rimfire |+]] where + is a shortcut for the page title.

> 2. In general, how can I include punctuation in page names... once in
> a while I need a comma or quotation mark.

You can change the page title and use [[Link|alternative text]] or [[Link|+]]
where Link is the page name without any punctuation.

If the documentation is not helpful, you can suggest improvements. Please see
the page on your wiki:

  http://www.lizcastro.com/academyauction/pmwiki.php?n=PmWiki.Links
    it is a copy of http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Links

Thanks,