[pmwiki-users] Using variable in skin template

Sven Hartenstein lists at svenhartenstein.de
Fri Oct 23 13:25:18 CDT 2009

Dear pmwiki-users,

I have a lot of fun discovering pmwiki and I already like it very
much.

One thing I can't figure out, even after reading many pages on
pmwiki.org:

I would like to use a variable in my skin template. Ideally, this
would be similar to the

  (:title Title of Page:)

markup, but I'd be ok with using a PageTextVariable. So, is it
possible to use such a variable in the skin template? {*$:MyVariable}
does not seem to work. (It does work in the SideBar or in a
GroupHeader, but not within the skin template.)

In case it helps to know what I want this for: I'd like to print some
quote on each page in the very top of the page. I could use a
WikiStyle with absolute positioning CSS, but I imagine using a
variable within the templage (just like {$Title}) would be more
elegant.

(Or is the standard way to use a GroupHeader? I tried this but the
content of the GroupHeader is shown at the top of the page content,
not within the skin's HTML.)

Any help appreciated!

Sven