[pmwiki-users] Per group customizations -- I'm missing something silly

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Oct 23 14:50:10 CDT 2009

Petko Yotov wrote:
> On 10/23/2009, "Sandy" <sandy at onebit.ca> wrote:
>> I put a file called
>> testgroup.php
>>
>> in my /local directory, right beside config.php.
>>
> ..
>> So, what silly little step am I missing?
>
> It is probably Testgroup.php or TestGroup.php and not all lowercase
> testgroup.php.
>
> Petko

That was it. Thought I'd rung all the changes on capitals, but obviously
hadn't.

(After putting the group.php file idea aside, I spent another hour
wondering why the if($group==...) statement in config.php didn't work.
I'd missed
$group = PageVar($pagename, '$Group');
in the example. Not my best day.

Thanks Petko, DaveG and Peter.

Sandy

Now to give up on getting IE to stop offering to render my page as if it
were written last decade. It would help if they told us which standard
they want us to follow! The site validates as XHTML 1.0 strict.