[pmwiki-users] Attachment links with square brackets in both the filename and link text

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Oct 31 17:11:28 CDT 2009

On Saturday 31 October 2009 22:32:45 Maxim wrote:
> I want to do:
>
> [[Attach:Filename [x].zip | Link Text [x] ]]
>
> I've made a page at
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/SquareBracketsInLink with various
> iterations of the markup while removing the square brackets. There's
> also a version linking to a regular page, although having a square
> bracket in the page name is less likely. In both, the parsing seems to
> fail for tests 1, 2, 5 and 7. How can I get a link like the one above?

You cannot -- brackets, parentheses, and punctuation are not allowed in the
names of wiki pages or uploaded files, and trying to allow them could bring
more trouble than good.

You can use a link like this:
 [[Attach:Filename_x.zip | Link Text [x] ]]

Clicking on the link will bring you the upload form with the correct filename
already selected. You can send a file with any name on your system
(like "Filename [x].zip"), it will be renamed to the correct filename
("Filename_x.zip").

Thanks,
Petko