[pmwiki-users] PmWiki 2.2.3 released

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 07:16:57 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 6:53 PM, Petko Yotov <5ko at 5ko.fr> wrote:

> Hello. I have released pmwiki-2.2.3 stable today
>
> <snip>
>
> A new variable $EnableUploadGroupAuth was added; if set to 1, it allows
> password-protected uploads to be checked against the Group password. This
> variable works with $EnableDirectDownload set to 0.

How does this compare to, or alter, the previous method of
password-protecting uploads? Running 2.1.x, I've been using the method of
1) setting  $EnableDirectDownload to 0 in config.php, and
2) having uploads/.htaccess with:
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all

Now I've upgraded to 2.2.5, and looking over all the 2.2.x changes, I see we
have http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UploadVariables#EnableUploadGroupAuth,
which says: "Set $EnableUploadGroupAuth = 1; to authenticate downloads with
the group password. This could be used together with $EnableDirectDownload =
0;."

I'm confused -- if I'm already setting $EnableDirectDownload to 0, what does
EnableUploadGroupAuth do?

Is the difference some change in the file uploads/.htaccess?

Instructions at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SecureAttachments don't
reflect any change, other than to add a "See Also" link to
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UploadVariables#EnableUploadGroupAuth.

Thanks!