[pmwiki-users] PAGELIST / Math / summatory

edwin marte edwin.marte at leidba.com
Mon Sep 7 09:00:06 CDT 2009

I want to thanks once Again to all for the help I received in this
matter, specially To Peter, Hans and Eemeli.

All the approaches should work and all of the have its own advantage
and downsides.

At the end I ended up using Eemeli approach. I Used this one because
is a Classical pmwiki pagelist and it is something I know and that I
can control. It works and does what I need besides giving me the
flexibility of the pagelist markup.

(:data:5:)
----
(:pagelist fmt=#sum group=Main:)
----

(:if false:)
[[#sum]](:template first:){(sum (:template each:) {=$:data}(:template last:) )}
[[#sumend]]

Hans approached using powertools and sumdata: I know it will help
people in many applications, even mine later on, but I had this little
  "chicken and egg" problem! with PTV and Pagelist that did not aloud
me to solve 100% my need for this application. But it is a functional
and quick solution.

In the other Hand Peter Approach using wikish. Wikish has proved to be
a very powerful tool. It is been hard to me to migrate or implement
with such complex tools in the past. I have always kept an eye to this
plugin but At the end if I can solve with classical markup I chose
that. From time to Time I check wikish because there is a lot of
things that normally would be very difficult to do with pmwiki alone
that wikish can.

Again thanks to all Folks,
Best Regards,
Edwin