[pmwiki-users] TextExtract (Search recipe) update

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Sep 18 05:48:07 CDT 2009

I released TextExtract version 2009-09-18

in which is added a FPL function for use with
pagelist or searchbox option fmt=extract
(not fmt=#extract).
This does not need the custom pagelist template fmt=#extract
is using.

I also improved the timer, to give more accurate figures when using
TextExtract with its (:extract:) search form, or with
(:searchbox fmt=extract:) or (:pagelist fmt=extract:)

On http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TextExtract
I added a sample custom search form using (:input:) markup.

Now I am puzzled when comparing performance:
With the pagelist integration some results are faster, and some are
not. The difference of using pagelist compared to the inbuilt method
is not that great. Perhaps others can run some tests on this.

  ~Hans