[pmwiki-users] TextExtract (Search recipe) update

ABClf languefrancaise at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 16:34:33 CDT 2009

Hi Hans !

My question is about your last change in /snip/ process. I'm in trouble when
working with the very last version.
In my case, I'm still looking, in some group, for lines including :
%eval_xxx%
My purpose is to extract these lines, and show them while hiding the %.*%
pattern (as it used to work in former textextract version where my problem
was different : snip process removed some text so that snipped text that
wasn't counted in number results).

1/ If I ask :
(:pagelist eval_ fmt=extract group=Argot name=-RecentChanges phead=link
unit=line title='Liste des évaluations' header=full timer=1 :)
I get the list of targeted lines, including the comment. For example, as a
result among others :

%eval_YP%« En 1821 aussi, au bagne de Brest, un forçat intelligent, Louis
Ansiaume, compose un dictionnaire du bagne, pourvu d’exemples excellents
».YP

2/If I ask :
(:pagelist eval_ fmt=extract group=Argot name=-RecentChanges phead=link
unit=line title='Liste des évaluations' header=full timer=1 snip=%.*%:)
I get no result : 0 results from 411 pages searched eval_ (0,54 seconds)
Found no matches!)

2'/If I ask :

...snip=%eval:) I still get 0 result

...snip=%:) I get all the results, with no percent sign : (same example as
above)

eval_YP« En 1821 aussi, au bagne de Brest, un forçat intelligent, Louis
Ansiaume, compose un dictionnaire du bagne, pourvu d’exemples excellents ».
YP

I guess there is something strange (0 result). Is that the expected new snip
process ? I wish I had : X results for Y pages, then the extracted lines,
pattern hidden, working for pattern in form of snip=%.*% (as in the former
version, plus counting the snipped text).
Thank you for your help ! Ask me if I'm not understandable ;)
Gilles.

Page concerned : http://www.languefrancaise.net/docs/Argot/Evaluations