[pmwiki-users] Vertical scrollbar moves up in IE8 in edit window

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Apr 6 12:51:33 CDT 2010

Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 6:22:22 PM, Fabio wrote:

> Please  HansB,

> take a look here http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/TriadSkin-Talk and
> look for the topic that says:

> Vertical scrollbar moves up in IE8 in edit window

> The problem has been partially solved.

I did look at this again. In fact it prompted me now, because I was
dworking on a Triad update anyway, to install IE8, and see what
happens. And I did see a movement in the scrollbar, when the focus
shifted to a button on the page, away from the edit textarea.
But after trying various css changes the problem went away, without
having changed the css in the end. So I am mystified about this IE8
behaviour, and wonder how others experience it regards to
Triad/FixFlow/Gemini skin's edit window (what I called the popup-edit
form, where the preview pops up over the edit area).
Until I can reproduce an error consistently I am unable to work on any
solution.

  ~Hans