[pmwiki-users] blocklist question - ip addresses

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Fri Apr 9 13:01:05 CDT 2010

> hrm. if block: is indeed correct for ip addresses, then i might try
changing the description on http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Blocklist [1] >
which almost makes it sound like any IP address on one's blocklist page
will be blocked. i'll make it more explicit if indeed this is the case. I
just tested, and contrary to my prior post apparently you do not need the
block:. Seems a little odd to me, but there you go.  > as for the wild
card, if indeed it works, then why would a post from 194.44.171.14 be able
to be posted if i had block:194.44.*  > listed on my blocklist page? i just
have a feeling that maybe something is a little off there... Well, I'd
always thought you could block 194.44.171.14 with a block:194.44.*, but I
just tested, and it seems that you cannot do this. 194.44.171.* blocks
fine. 194.44.* does not block, nor does 194.44.*.*.   Checking the source
supports this. Only trailing wildcards are blocked, and no block: is
required for IP style addresses.

 ~ ~ Dave

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 10:16:00
-0700, adam overton  wrote:  hey there dave thanks  hrm. if block: is
indeed correct for ip addresses, then i might try changing the description
on http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Blocklist [2] which almost makes it sound
like any IP address on one's blocklist page will be blocked. i'll make it
more explicit if indeed this is the case.  as for the wild card, if indeed
it works, then why would a post from 194.44.171.14 be able to be posted if
i had block:194.44.* listed on my blocklist page? i just have a feeling
that maybe something is a little off there...    thanks again! a

  On 8