[pmwiki-users] Google: noindex, nofollow error 403

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Apr 19 15:53:47 CDT 2010

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 01:14:51PM -0700, pmwiki at 911networks.com wrote:
> I'm having a problem with a website with 591 errors with 250 pages:
> They are all similar. I display some SQL source code with GeShi to
> hilight...
>
> The I get for the sourceblock an error 403 for the link to the
> sourceblock. such as:
>
> http://www.sqlhacks.com/Retrieve/Increment-Values-With-Null?action=sourceblock&ref=1
>
> Is there a way of solving this though either a nofollow for each of
> these sourceblocks or stopping it at the robots.txt?
> [...]
> OR how can I disable globally the $[GetCode] ?

You can allow robots to index the sourceblock pages by setting

   $RobotActions['sourceblock'] = 1;

Or, it appears you can disable the GetCode link globally with

   $EnableSourceBlockGetCode = 0;

Because the sourceblock pages are returned as text/plain, I don't
see an easy way to tell robots "don't index these pages" individually.