[pmwiki-users] BlogIt configuration -- entries only visible if logged in

michael paulukonis xraysmalevich at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 15:43:07 CDT 2010

I have replicated the behavior on a clean install @
http://www.xradiograph.com/projects/test/wiki/pmwiki.php

I attempted to set up blogit with nothing else installed.

Although AuthUser is said to be an optional component, if it is NOT
included, the wiki fails to load with at error in BlogIt @ line 581 (a
call to AuthUser)

I have set up a sample blog using the sample info @
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/BlogIt

with the daveg and step users, in the same roles

The complete text of my config.php is below

If not logged in as one of the two roles, no posts are visible. If
BlogIt is commented-out, then the pages _are_ visible... so this
suggests that it is limited to BlogIt authorization.

Even if logged in, the recently written sections are empty

<?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
$WikiTitle = "My New Wiki";

# Uncomment these if needed
#$ScriptUrl = 'http://example.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php';
#$PubDirUrl = 'http://example.com/pmwiki/pub';

# [1] Define BlogIt roles, and associated actions
# Actions: 'comment-edit', 'comment-approve', 'blog-edit', 'blog-new',
'sidebar', 'blogit-admin'
$bi_Auth = array(
	'blogs'=>array('comment-edit','blog-edit', 'blog-new',
'sidebar','blogit-admin'),
	'comments'=>array('comment-approve', 'sidebar','blogit-admin')
);

# [2] Define users passwords
$AuthUser['daveg'] = crypt('daveg');  #set daveg password
$AuthUser['step'] = crypt('step');  #set daveg password

# [3] Add users to the roles
$AuthUser['@blogs'] = array('step');
$AuthUser['@comments'] = array('daveg');

# [4] Assign roles to security groups
$DefaultPasswords['blogs'] = array('@blogs');
$DefaultPasswords['comments'] = array('@comments');

# [5] Assign roles to pmwiki actions
$DefaultPasswords['edit'] = array('@blogs', '@comments');

# if not included, blogit fails @ line 581
include_once("$FarmD/scripts/authuser.php");

$HandleAuth['source'] = 'edit';  #Prevents non authorized users from
viewing comment source email address
$HandleAuth['diff'] = 'edit';  #Prevents non authorized users from
viewing comment source email address

$bi_DefaultGroup='Main';

$MaxIncludes=500;  #BlogIt makes heavy use of includes, so this needs
to be increased.
include_once("$FarmD/cookbook/blogit/blogit.php");

-Michael Paulukonis
http://www.xradiograph.com
http://www.xradiograph.com/Profiles/Contact
http://www.BestAndroidResources.com