[pmwiki-users] Pagelists and the ontrail condition

Randy Brown alongkiss at aprivatespot.com
Wed Aug 11 18:31:39 CDT 2010

I see that Petko fixed the pagelist "if" parameter in the test I wrote. He changed it to: if="ontrail TrailPage Target" (or in this case: (:pagelist if="ontrail {=$FullName} TargetPageFullName":)

However the documentation for the ontrail conditional in Cookbook:ConditionalMarkupSamples shows the syntax as (:if ontrail PAGENAME:), which I took to mean the pagelist instruction would be  if="ontrail Target".

Am I not understanding the "if" parameter's syntax correctly? I'm wondering if inserting a TrailPage reference is something general to using "if" parameters in pagelists. If so, that needs to be documented. If the problem was just with the Cookbook:ConditionalMarkupSamples documentation, then that's what needs to be fixed. Either way, I don't know what the right way is to fix the documentation.

Randy