[pmwiki-users] install problems -- cgi-bin sneaks into pmwiki urls

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Dec 17 10:27:06 CST 2010

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 02:49:50PM +0100, viki.veeks at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm having some problems installing pmwiki on the `production'
> server. I'm pretty sure I did a test-install some weeks ago, so it
> may be that I'm missing something simple :-)
>
> Any hints are appreciated.
> Help me get this beautiful software onto that server!
>
> I'm trying to install pmwiki in a `subsite' subdirectory of the
> `htdocs' directory, so that my subsite would be
> http://www.mywebsite.org/mysubsite
>
> During the install run of pmwiki.php, I get a 500 internal server
> error; and the url in the status bar becomes:
> http://www.mywebsite.org/cgi-bin/php?n=Main.HomePage

I'm guessing that PHP isn't providing the correct paths to PmWiki.
You should probably start by manually setting the value of $ScriptUrl
in local/config.php to the url you expect PmWiki to be at.  For example:

    $ScriptUrl = 'http://mywebsite.org/mysubsite/pmwiki.php';

This will tell PmWiki to absolutely use this value as the base url
when constructing other paths within PmWiki links.